cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyson
Level: Powered On

Excel to Sharepoint list

Hi All,

I have a excel and a Sharepoint and would want sharepoint list to be updated based on the values of excel. I tried looking for online forums and article couldnt find any. I figured out how to update and create records but could not find out an approach to delete record. I would want to know how to delete a sharepoint list record if the record isnt present in the excel.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Tyson

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Excel to Sharepoint list

Hi @Tyson 

Can you share more details on the flow that you have built so far. 

As excel does not have a trigger for when a row is added or modified, you can do a recurrence/ manual trigger to list all the rows present in the excel table. Now as it is running on a recurrence assuming daily basis, you can add an action to get items from SharePoint and then add an OData filter query to show items that have created or modified as today. Now add an action to initialize variable of type array. Now check for the unique values to identify the row and see if it exists in the list returned from SP. If it does then do nothing, else delete that item. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,657)