cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielGAJohnson

Export Email Data

Hi All,

I'm new to Power Automate, but I think this might help me with what I'm trying to do. My company uses Office for email and I would like to create a data lake of email data in SharePoint from many users. From that data lake I would use Power BI to do company-wide analytics on things like email response rate, or most popular day people respond to our emails, stuff like that. Is there a way to use Power Automate on a group of colleagues so that once a week a .pst or .xlsx or .csv file of their email data is automatically uploaded into a SharePoint folder? I know that in Power BI there is an Exchange server connector that allows me to see my inbox's data, but I haven't seen a way to add colleagues data automatically. I understand this might mean me going 1-by1 to each colleague and setting this up in Power Automate, but I'm OK with that. Let's use me as a guinea pig for now. The data I'm looking to have Power Automate export would have to included timestamps and a particular data field called "InternetMessageID." That last field is found in the "Attributes" column in Power BI after connecting your Exchange server with Power BI. Like I said, I'm new to Power Automate, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@DanielGAJohnson

Please check the below link it can be a great start.

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f7a46809e53c42108034e56acf83bb79/save-my...

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

@DanielGAJohnson

Sorry just updated my reply

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly Not sure this will help me. I'm looking to do a weekly export to a file like .csv or .xlsx. I'm not so much interested in attachments or individual emails. I am looking to do data analysis on potentially thousands of emails a week. And the emails are almost always sent to unique addresses.

@DanielGAJohnson

Sorry got you wrong, please check the Get Emails action and then you can loop on the output using apply to each, Add row to an Excel action.

I can provide you with an example shortly. 

@DanielGAJohnson 

GetEmails, you can specifiy more than one user and specify which folder and also search criteria if you need such.

Mira_Ghaly_0-1599598416274.png

Then you can add it to an excel row as below but please note it will be adding it as HTML so may be you will need to parse the email body before adding it.

Mira_Ghaly_1-1599599576367.png

Hop this helps!

@DanielGAJohnson 

Please note that Get emails will return a maximum of 250 emails.  You said that you might be looking at thousands of emails each week.  I suspect that you'll need to use a search query and retrieve emails in batches for this to work for you.

Here is a link to the Get Emails documentation.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (82,788)