Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Export and Import Flow or Logic App

Hi,

How do you move a Flow or Logic App from a DEV subscription/environment to a PROD subscription/environment?

Are there any best practices?

I know that I can export a Flow or copy the JSON of a Logic App... BUT ... when I import the Flow or create a new Logic App and paste the JSON all actions which require a connection can't be imported (and the Logic App can't be safed) and all actions need to be created new of course with the impact that all the following depended actions need to be changed as well.
So Export and Import is not really properly implemented. Don't like to create everything new just because it's on a different environment or tenant, etc...

This post is more than 2 years old - seems there's not a lot of progress for the import:
https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/import-export-bap-packages/

How are you doing that?
Hints are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stefan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cgru3eejc2  you can export and import flows as zip packages. Go to your flow's main screen and click Export in the top menu. In My Flows click on Import in the top menu and change the connections to yours when prompted.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @cgru3eejc2  you can export and import flows as zip packages. Go to your flow's main screen and click Export in the top menu. In My Flows click on Import in the top menu and change the connections to yours when prompted.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (10,708)