cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_CTL
Helper V
Helper V

Exporting all items from a SharePoint list view with a manual Flow trigger?

Hi,

I am after a bit of a sanity check to see if what I am trying to do is achievable or if not if anyone has some more creative ways to a solution.

I have a list that has a number of views, once a week the list owner needs to generate a PDF of all the items within each view.  I have built a Flow that will do this but the problem is that this can't be an automated/scheduled Flow because the data that populates the list is added at random times so the Flow needs to be manually started.  From what I can see its not possible to do this? is my assumption correct?  Any thoughts on other ways I can enable the user to manually start the Flow?  I did think of using PowerApps and adding buttons to the custom form, this might work but when the list is duplicated (which happens a few times a month) I'd have to recreate the PowerApps form again which is time consuming.

Any help gratefully received.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

H @Rob_CTL ,

You can use the below trigger which will allow you to manially trigger a flow from the flow designer or from a modern SharePoint list.

Screenshot_20210727-221006_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-222455_Chrome.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

ChrisMendoza
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Rob_CTL- if your user is on Teams you can install the Power Automate app/chatbot 😎👀

image.png

then you can type 'Run flow' + flowname

Rob_CTL
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks @eric-cheng, that is a good work around, it requires the user to select one item so the flows appear but the flow will then run against all items in the list.  I think I can work with that 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (5,129)