cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_CTL
Helper V
Helper V

Exporting all items from a SharePoint list view with a manual Flow trigger?

Hi,

I am after a bit of a sanity check to see if what I am trying to do is achievable or if not if anyone has some more creative ways to a solution.

I have a list that has a number of views, once a week the list owner needs to generate a PDF of all the items within each view.  I have built a Flow that will do this but the problem is that this can't be an automated/scheduled Flow because the data that populates the list is added at random times so the Flow needs to be manually started.  From what I can see its not possible to do this? is my assumption correct?  Any thoughts on other ways I can enable the user to manually start the Flow?  I did think of using PowerApps and adding buttons to the custom form, this might work but when the list is duplicated (which happens a few times a month) I'd have to recreate the PowerApps form again which is time consuming.

Any help gratefully received.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

H @Rob_CTL ,

You can use the below trigger which will allow you to manially trigger a flow from the flow designer or from a modern SharePoint list.

Screenshot_20210727-221006_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-222455_Chrome.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

ChrisMendoza
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@Rob_CTL- if your user is on Teams you can install the Power Automate app/chatbot 😎👀

image.png

then you can type 'Run flow' + flowname

Rob_CTL
Helper V
Helper V

Thanks @eric-cheng, that is a good work around, it requires the user to select one item so the flows appear but the flow will then run against all items in the list.  I think I can work with that 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,287)