cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim-Holmes73
Regular Visitor

Expression assistance

I am using forms and powerautomate to create a CSV for me, that is emailed over to the IT dept then we use that to make accounts.

One of the form drop downs is location, when they choose that, I would like an expression that can populate the whole of the address for our company, either site a or b.

So, if they choose Vancouver as the location, I would like it to write our full postal address etc, if they choose Victoria, I would like to write the full postal address for that office.

How can I go about doing this please?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Tim-Holmes73 ,

Here are a few options:

1) If you have the mapping between location and the address in a SharePoint list, Excel or SQL table, your flow can query the data source and pass in the location as a filter.  

2) Pass the location to a switch statement and update a variable with the address.  This will be hardcoded though and cumbersome for large amount of locations.

Not sure if an expression would mke sense as it can get complex very quickly with more than a couple locations.  It will also be a pain if you need to add/remove locations in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Hi Eric

I believe the second option would be the best, we have 2 locations and that is it.

Could you give some guidance or an information resource please so I can have a look.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,882)