Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thejdofva
Helper I
Helper I

Expression: if true type certain value

Hello All

As you can see from the image, we are using true and false values for the fields typed on the left. This format is not liked by the management. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to use an expression for example, If pay change value is true just type "Pay Change" not "True" or "False".  Thank you

YsNO.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
eliotcole
Super User
Super User

Hi, @thejdofva , where is that information coming from / kept?

If it's a SharePoint list, then I recommend just using a helper calculated column for each field and use an if condition in the code to display something more meaningful.

Then just give the management (each of them if they like!) a separate view of the list, or a (separate?) SharePoint page with a view of the information containing that data.

If it's a Power Apps screen, again, you're probably better off just writing the condition for the field in question.

But, yeah, we might need to know a little more about where those values are ... because management certainly don't need to be bothered about booleans in a flow. 😉

Sorry, should have mentioned it in my post.... The information is stored in sharepoint list but the image is from the flow email and that is where I would like to avoid boleans. Thank you

OK, so just use logic to construct an email with different values, no problems. Or even something more sentence like. Go wild. 👍

Create a string variable, and condition, for each of the booleans to set it to whatever you like.

If promotionBooleanVAR is False then promotionStringVAR is "Promoted"

Then make the email with the email notification or outlook (or whatever), and fill the answers with the variables.

Jenny is promoted.

OK, I might not have a clue what the context is, but I think you get my drift, eh?

Play around with the conditions and the text ... here's what I just knocked up ... don't dig too deep a rabbit hole for yourself ... but have fun. 🙂

silly stuff 2.jpg

silly stuff.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,684)