Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pn1995
Helper I
Helper I

Extract Attachments from Outlook and save to sharepoint or onedrive

Hi

We have a Office365 Shared Mailbox that has a couple of thousand email in it. Each of these mails has an attachment.

We want to extract these attachments and save them to either Onedrive or SharePoint.

We thought that if we create a new "folder" in Outlook and move these emails into this folder then we could setup a flow that would trigger when the mail went into this folder.

We have tried to setup this Flow using the the inbuilt templates....

Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive

Move emails with attachments from shared mailbox

However while  they seam to work when we manually trigger this, they just never seam to run when left all allown or when we move 3 or 4 emails and then then trigger manually. We have left them over 24 hrs and still they don't seam to run.

We then made a flow manually but got the same results.

Anyone know a way to extra the attachments or why the above isn't working?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@pn1995 :

Can you post a screen shot of your Flow - that will make it much easier to assist.

Also, have you considered saving to SharePoint rather than OneDrive?  

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

I have attached the flow that I created manually, however as I mentioned the "templates" that come with Flow that do the same thing also show the same behaviour. I have tried this saving to SharePoint and to Onedrive - I get the same issues

What seams to happen is that if I manually copy 1 email into the subfolder and then MANUALLY run the flow it will copy the attachment to a sharepoint or onedrive site

However if I copy 2 or 3 emails and then manually run it, it will only copy the attachment from the "newest" email, it will ignore the other emails.

It NEVER seams to run automatically. 

Attached are screen shots of what I have done - any ideas on how to get this working would be appreciated.

tempsnip.pngtempsnip2.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (5,158)