cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Extract IPTC metadata from JPG

Hi community

Do you have an idea on how to extrac IPTC metadata from a JPG an store it to SharePoint using Power automate ?

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Please can you give more details ? Where is the image stored ? How are you accessing, what is the flow trigger ? What is the action you are using ?

hi @jinivthakkar  
I'd like to upload a jpg file to a sharepoint library and trigger a flow whenever a new jpg file is uploaded. The flow should then be able to extract the IPTC metadata from the file and store it to the predefined columns in sharepoint.
I've read something about to use the RenderListDataAsStream API but it doesn't return all of the metadata.
Power Apps, Power Automate & SharePoint Media Service Metadata Magic – Part 1 | All Things 365 (mast...

Do you have any further idea ? 

Thanks

Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Scalcagno There is not direct way of getting the data that you want.

I was unable to access the link as I am working in a restricted environment.

Check this : 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/how-to-auto-read-meta-data-from-images/m-p/355224

@jinivthakkar thanks for it
so the link in the post you mentioned leads exactly to the same page I pasted.

Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Scalcagno ohh, but like I said earlier there is no direct way of doing what you need and if you go with premium connectors only they can help.

@jinivthakkar do you have an idea or suggestion how to achieve it with premium connectors ? 

Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Scalcagno, did you see this? 

hi @VictorIvanidze  I saw it yes and it works with exif data but not with the iptc data which has much more information such as Location, Country, Headline, Category etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (28,094)