cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
D1Rubie
Frequent Visitor

Extracting SharePoint Attachments into an approval Flow

Hi All,

I've created an approval flow (using Approvals) from an existing sharepoint list for my organisation.

The idea is to ensure that workflow approvers can approve urgent requests on the go.

However, the exisitng sharepoint list has attachments which are part of the request, & will influence whether are request is approved or rejected.

Under the sharepoint action list, I cannot find anything to pull the Sharepoint attachments into the flow, & allow the approvers view these attachments.

Please could I get some advise on this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @D1Rubie,

Currently Attachments under SharePoint list is not available under Microsoft Flow, there is an idea submitted already on this:

Manage attachments of SharePoint list item

Please vote it up if it also meet your requirements.

Besides, to workaround this, we could add a field for the file name, then store the file into a SharePoint folder, after that, using SharePoint Get Files and a condition to filter the proper file.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Michael for your feedback.

I'll work with the SharePoint admin to see how we can implement your suggested workaround.

Hi @v-micsh-msft would you be able to show a step by step? I'm trying to run your suggestion but can't seem to get it to work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (3,582)