cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almighty00
Regular Visitor

Extracting Value from Variable to be used in Approval Flow from Sharepoint trigger

Hi all,

I am trying to only display values from my "Choice" data type with Multiple selection in Sharepoint. So i could display it in the approval function. 

I've initiated and iterate append the value of the "Choice" data type to a variable.

However, when i set the variable into the "Start Approval Details" it returend me with all 3 properties (Odata.type,Id,Value). I only wanted to display the value from the variable to display sufficient information so that my approval could approve it via email.

almighty00_0-1596519967952.pngalmighty00_1-1596520013738.png

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Rahber,

Please find my flow in edit mode below. I was unable to Append the variable with the value. 

Would you be able to suggest a method which would allow me to append the variable with the value?

almighty00_1-1596527027989.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

Can you please show your flow in edit mode?

So if your choice name is myChoice

There will be two dynamics content variable available

myChoice and myChoice Value.

You should use myChoice Value in you append function to only get the value attribute.

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

Hi Rahber,

Please find my flow in edit mode below. I was unable to Append the variable with the value. 

Would you be able to suggest a method which would allow me to append the variable with the value?

almighty00_1-1596527027989.png

View solution in original post

almighty00
Regular Visitor

Just realized that there was an option to select the Item (Value) in the option.

Resolved

This is exactly what i said in my first post 🙂

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,886)