cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Extracting parameters from URL

Hi, 

I have created a default request step to save a file to box. Everything is working as expected but I am unable to pass a  parameter for the file name. Can someone point me in the right direction? I have tried using triggerOutputs()['queries'] 

But I receive error: Expected 'key-body-output', 'key-headers-output', 'key-outputs-output', 'key-name-output', 'key-properties-output' or 'key-statuscode-output', actual 'key-queries-output'

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi,

Did you try "Path Parameters" in the dynamic schema from the "Request" trigger? 

RequestPathParameters.png

Highlighted

Hi, 

Thanks for your response. I did try adding relative path parameters and received this message:

InvalidTemplate: Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose' inputs at line '1' and column '1453': 'The template language expresion 'triggerOutputs()['relativePathParameters']' cannot be evaluated because the property 'relativePathParameters' doesnt exist, available properties are 'headers, body'.

Highlighted

Are you trying to get query parameters from the Request trigger url? Or is there a previous step from which you're expecting them?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The request trigger URL. Thanks!
Highlighted

I am trying to do the exact same thing. Did you come to a resolution? I ended up getting stuck.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Just as @phil4mat  has said, this should help: 

Here is the expression: @triggerOutputs()['queries']['queryParamName']

queryParamName is the name of the name-value pair of your query

Hope it helps.

get query parameters in power automate.PNG

This article could throw more light. LogicApp–HttpRequest trigger: retrieving query parameters 

Please mark as answer if this answers your question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (13,410)