Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenfloyd666
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Fields only updating on second approval email

Afternoon all

I have an approval flow where after approval it's set to update some fields. The problem I've got is that the Flow keeps looping, so I need to put a control in place, but also the fields are only updating and the flow is only picking up on the dynamic content when the approval goes round for a second time? How can I fix this? Flow below: ThursdayApprovalSecondTime.png

ThursdayApprovalSecondTimessecondscreen.png

1 REPLY 1
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Are you using the dynamic content from the 'Update a record' action in your email?

If you hover over the dynamic content in the mail, none of them should refer to triggerbody (the original item) or Get Record, as those were all before the record was updated.

If that's still not getting the results you want when using that, I'd insert a new 'Get Record' action just above the email so that it gets the latest updates to the file and then use those dynamic values in the email content.

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,456)