cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

File Related Actions (Sharepoint) are taking an excpetional amount of time, causing timeouts

Today, I am seeing issues with two sharepoint actions.  Create File, and Get File Metadata using Path actions are taking 2-5min to complete.  While they complete, sometimes with retries, it takes tool long, and the Respond to PowerApps action times-out.  

These actions take only a few seconds when working normally.

Anyone else seeing this issue?  Other sharepoint actions work great.  Get file content, Get file Properties, Update Item, Get item, and Get Items.  Its just these two so far.

Any ideas??

I DID post a ticket to MS on this.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: File Related Actions (Sharepoint) are taking an excpetional amount of time, causing timeouts

ALL of my "Send http request to SharePoint" actions are failing intermittently with timeouts on flows that have been working fine for months, and the timeouts last 25-45 minutes before kicking it back. Plus the dynamic content popup is missing from the headers section when I switch to text mode for entering a JSON object (used to be able to use an object variable for easy headers entry)

I've been pulling my hair out trying to resolve this but since someone else is having almost the same trouble as me I feel better 🙂 (because that means it's something on MS end)

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: File Related Actions (Sharepoint) are taking an excpetional amount of time, causing timeouts

@JG5 ,

Yessir, that is why I post these issues.  Its very helpful when users notify that there is a problem.  You can beat your head on the wall for hours trying to fix something that isnt  yours to fix!  It does sound like you have a similar issue.  I also post issue to MS support.  This helps them find issues, and communicate to the users there is a problem.

Check these links.  It will tell you when they have acknowledged a problem that is big enough to affect many users.  This issue is definetely one of those in that categry.

For MS Flow:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

For MS PowerApps:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

As of the time I write this, MS has not acknowledges there is a problem:

image.png

image.png

Either of those two support pages you can create a ticket from.  They generally get back with you via phone call (from outside USA) in a couple of hours.  They are good about that.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,904)