cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neilpatel
Advocate I
Advocate I

File System / Create File

I'm having issues with the File System Create File connector.  it seems to work some time and not others.  For example, the connector was working 3 days ago, but not yesterday and now it is working again.  I am using the on-prem data gateway to create the file to the local file system on one of our servers.  What am I missing?  The account has privileges to create files.  The server stays online 24/7.  Could it be a configuration issue on the data gateway?

The error message I am receiving is:

{
"status": 400,
"message": "The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path '//TTC-200904050531.7z' exists on your file system.\r\nclientRequestId: 2193f412-7022-43ba-b166-0e3e1f39abae",
"error": {
"message": "The requested action could not be completed. Check your request parameters to make sure the path '//TTC-200904050531.7z' exists on your file system."
},
"source": "filesystem-eus2.azconn-eus2-01.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

6 REPLIES 6
yashkamdar
Super User II
Super User II

Hello Team,

The Status code for that error is 400 which clearly states that  the request has gone BAD meaning there is something wrong with the location where you are trying to push the created file.

To resolve this it would require some debugging from your end.

I would check if the destination path indeed exists and cross check if I have correctly entered the path. I would also check if same is happening with other paths, if this is working for other paths and specifically not for this path then that Folder in the File system has gone bad and requires some mending.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

TFT
Regular Visitor

I have a similar issue.

My flow first saves an email as an csv file and next save the mail as an EML file in two different folderes using the same gateway.

Some time serval flow in a row, will fail when saving the EML file.  

TFT_0-1618405906592.png TFT_1-1618406139692.png

What can I do to fix this?

@yashkamdar I'm Facing problem while create large files having size more than 2048 KB (i.e 3.1 MB) using Create File/File System. I'm Getting Timeout error. flow runs for 15-20 mins and create file of 2MB just in destination instead of 3.1 MB and gives the followng error.

{
    "code": 504,
    "source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-centralus-01.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "67abb9cf-4e12-4e79-b258-302ee7cc0bce",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 504,
      "message": "The request to the on-premises data gateway has timed out.\r\nclientRequestId: 67abb9cf-4e12-4e79-b258-302ee7cc0bce",
        "message": "The request to the on-premises data gateway has timed out."
      },
      "source": "filesystem-eus2.azconn-eus2-01.p.azurewebsites.net"
    }
  }
}

Hey @Harry_G

I had stumbled upon the same and I found - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-onprem#considerations 

Considerations

• Logic Apps, Power Apps, and Power Automate support both read and write operations through the gateway:
    • Write operations have a 2-MB payload limit.
    • Read operations have a 2-MB request limit and an 8-MB compressed data response limit.
    • URL for the GET request has a 2048 character limit.
  • While using the gateway with Power BI in Direct Query Mode, there is a 16-MB uncompressed data response limit.
  • For information about installation considerations, see Related considerations.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

@CFernandes So what is the alternative work around if we have large data more than 2MB ? is there any alternative through flow?

@Harry_G For me it was  Azure Functions directly invoked by HTTP API.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,382)