cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

File content isn't working when trying to email an attachment from an entity in CDS

What I'm trying to do is get an attachment from the "Notes" entity and attach that to an email I'm sending. Everything works except for the fact that the attached file can't be opened or appears to be corrupted. This happens for all file types. I tried images and documents.

Here is where I get the Note entity I need. I use an identifier that is sent by a PowerApp. This works and I can see the file name is the correct one.

Annotation 2020-06-11 113743.png

Then I send my email with an attachment. The attachment name is set to "File Name" and the content is set to "Document".

Annotation 2020-06-11 113743.png

I looked online and it seems like this is how it's supposed to be done? But for some reason I can't open the file sent in the email. Do I need to convert it to a different data type or something like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: File content isn't working when trying to email an attachment from an entity in CDS

Hi @Mgodby 

Try this method as well. This is used when you have more than one attachment against one record. You could try this even if you have one attachment. Let me know how it goes.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: File content isn't working when trying to email an attachment from an entity in CDS

Hi @Mgodby 

I tried this now and it is working as expected. Couple of things to check.

What's your flow trigger?

What happens when you download the file from email. Is that shows as zero bytes?

How users uploading the documents under notes. Using the CRM standard Notes interface?

Try creating a brand new record in CRM. Go to notes and upload a document. Run the flow and check the results.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mgodby 

Try this method as well. This is used when you have more than one attachment against one record. You could try this even if you have one attachment. Let me know how it goes.

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,045)