cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mgodby
Post Patron
Post Patron

File content isn't working when trying to email an attachment from an entity in CDS

What I'm trying to do is get an attachment from the "Notes" entity and attach that to an email I'm sending. Everything works except for the fact that the attached file can't be opened or appears to be corrupted. This happens for all file types. I tried images and documents.

Here is where I get the Note entity I need. I use an identifier that is sent by a PowerApp. This works and I can see the file name is the correct one.

Annotation 2020-06-11 113743.png

Then I send my email with an attachment. The attachment name is set to "File Name" and the content is set to "Document".

Annotation 2020-06-11 113743.png

I looked online and it seems like this is how it's supposed to be done? But for some reason I can't open the file sent in the email. Do I need to convert it to a different data type or something like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mgodby 

Try this method as well. This is used when you have more than one attachment against one record. You could try this even if you have one attachment. Let me know how it goes.

image.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mgodby 

I tried this now and it is working as expected. Couple of things to check.

What's your flow trigger?

What happens when you download the file from email. Is that shows as zero bytes?

How users uploading the documents under notes. Using the CRM standard Notes interface?

Try creating a brand new record in CRM. Go to notes and upload a document. Run the flow and check the results.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mgodby 

Try this method as well. This is used when you have more than one attachment against one record. You could try this even if you have one attachment. Let me know how it goes.

image.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,911)