Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmDev
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Filter Array with Contents of Other Array - 2 SPO Lists

Hi Everyone

Hoping for assistance with this.

I have SPO List 1 and SPO List 2 - I have a checklist based App, which uses the items in SPO List 1 to build up the items in SPO List 2. Once all the items are in List 2, the process is complete for that user.

What I want to do, is report on interim progress for a given user to report on items outstanding.

I have built a flow and tried to get the items outstanding by filtering List 1 based on Titles (common to both lists) that are not yet in list 2. The following snippet shows my effort:

List 1 = Get items-TemplateList

List 2 = Get Items

Filter array input 'value' = List 1 Array 

AmDev_1-1637842136389.png

This doesn't seem to be filtering at all and just outputs the entire array - I'm probably missing something really obvious, but would welcome any help.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

Please see the approach in this post for one way to do this.  Basically you use a select to make an array of the Title values (no column header) and Filter your other array for where that Titles array does (or does not) include the current item.  The note on each step has the expression needed.

Re: Comparing two tables - Sharepoint - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Super User
Super User

Please see the approach in this post for one way to do this.  Basically you use a select to make an array of the Title values (no column header) and Filter your other array for where that Titles array does (or does not) include the current item.  The note on each step has the expression needed.

Re: Comparing two tables - Sharepoint - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about the Power Platform, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

AmDev
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @mahoneypat 

Many thanks, that worked a treat. Legend!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,291)