cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Filter and update Excel Row

Dear friends, I have very simple task to automate.

There is an excel file which is shared on OneDrive (Teams). Please notice that this file contains table with hidden columns (as I understand ODATA filtering is not working with hidden columns).

This Excel file contains rows which are completed by my staff. I wish Power Automate checks every hour rows for which Sendmail cell is empty & AIS Record Id. is not empty. For that rows I wish to create HTML table and submit this table by email to my staff.  In order to prevent duplicate emails I wish Power Automate to update Sendmail cells for items submitted to email to my staff. 

My current flow is the following:

1. Recurrence Step

2. List rows in a table

Step 1.PNG

3. Select specific data from table

4. Filter selected data (I need to take rows which contains the following: Senmail cell is not empty and AIS Record Id. cell is not empty)

Step 2.PNG

5. Check if the filtered array is not empty.

6. If the filtered array is empty - then terminate the flow.

7. If the filtered array is not empty - then create HTML Table and Send an email

Step 3.PNG

The problem is that I don't know how to update rows in excel file for items were submitted to my staff.

Please notice that my Excel table has a unique row identifier for each row specified in column called LBR ID.

Thank you for help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Filter and update Excel Row

Hey @PavelBaranov 

You can then add an apply to each action that takes the values from the excel list rows action. now, in this, add another apply to each for the filtered array output and then in the second loop check for a unique identifier on the current item in the excel and this filtered array and if they are same add an update row action and if not, just leave the no branch as is. 

You will have to remove the terminate action from the no branch of the previous condition for this to work. (as the flow will any way do nothing if the condition is not met and the branch is left empty)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,496)