cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denise_martinca
Helper II
Helper II

Filter list and send email

Hi, everyone! I made a flow that triggers when a new item is added to my list "RetornoFlexible_1". I need to take the "Legajo" from that item and look it up in another list called "TablaEmpleados". When Legajo=USERID, my flow should save the MANAGER in a variable called "superiorid". After that, I look up the "superiorid" in the USERID column of "TablaEmpleados" list, get the "EMAIL" and save it in the variable mailSuperior. Finally flow should send an email to the direction saved in mailSuperior.

This it how it looks

denise_martinca_0-1594939285941.png

denise_martinca_1-1594939331750.png

My problem is when I execute the flow, although it detects no error, the result of my first filter (Legajo = UserID) gives back a null. So no email is sent.  I now for sure that there is a userID equal to the legajo value i'm trying so I don't why this is happening. Could you please help me?

denise_martinca_2-1594939449171.png

denise_martinca_3-1594940042452.png

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Rahber
Super User II
Super User II

Try putting quotes around your variable in filter query

example

USERID eq '[Legajo]'

Hi, @Rahber ! Thank you for your reply, I put the quotes but it still doesn't work.

denise_martinca_1-1594992609356.png

denise_martinca_0-1594992490410.png

@Rahber do you know if there is a limit in the amount of rows that "Get items" can process? My list has at least 11000 items. I only need to get 1 item though. Thank you! 

There is usually a 100 items default limit that can be increased to 5000 by enabling pagination in the settings of the action.

The problem seems to be some thing else in your case. Can you remove the filter and show the body of the action in run mode specially where the USERID is shown ?

Hi @denise_martinca 

If you want to get only 1 record at a time, then you can set the Top Count property of the Get Items action to 1.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,961)