Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asafweis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filter query syntax

Hi,

I'm trying to add a filter on a list rows action, but my syntax seems to be incorrect. I have it written as so:

JobID eq @'1234' AND (Event eq 'QC Check' OR Event eq 'Audit')

JobID and Event are the fields. I want the action to list all the records that have a JobID of 1234 and also have an Event as 'QC Check' or 'Audit'

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
asafweis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes I did. I ended up using this:

(crff0_jobid eq '@{body('Parse_JSON')?['EmbedContextParameters']?['varJobID']}' and crff0_event eq 'QC Check') or (crff0_jobid eq '@{body('Parse_JSON')?['EmbedContextParameters']?['varJobID']}' and crff0_event eq 'Audit')

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hello @asafweis ,

from where to you want filter rows? SharePoint? Datavers?

Can you share the detailed flow in Edit Mode?

BR,

Marco

It's coming from Dataverse.

asafweis_1-1660724600696.png

ok @asafweis ,

I suggest to use this Dataverse connector:

MarconettiMarco_0-1660724763525.png

and in the List rows action, use the Fetch XML query, got from the Dataverse Advanced Find, it's much easier:

Presentation2.gif

If I have answered your question, please mark my post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

Unfortunately I can't see this new connector on this old flow. The new connector only appears on new flows that create. 

Is there anyway to bring up the newer connector?

Hello @asafweis ,

could you please re-create the flow?

BR,

Marco

That would be a lot of work so I would prefer not. 

Is there another way?

Hi @asafweis ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? What types are the two columns? What error have you got from this action?

As the alternate, you can only apply "JobID eq varJobID" on Filter query and use a Filter array operator to filter the outputs of List rows on the other two conditions. I believe that filter on Job ID has enough restricted the rows getting from data source.

Below is a video about syntax of filter query Dataverse LookUp and Choices columns:

Power Automate Flow odata filter dataverse lookup and choice columns - Bing video

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asafweis ,

Have you solved this problem?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

asafweis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes I did. I ended up using this:

(crff0_jobid eq '@{body('Parse_JSON')?['EmbedContextParameters']?['varJobID']}' and crff0_event eq 'QC Check') or (crff0_jobid eq '@{body('Parse_JSON')?['EmbedContextParameters']?['varJobID']}' and crff0_event eq 'Audit')

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,428)