cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Filtering Attachments

I am creating a flow that will save an attachment to a specific file location i have that working just fine,  what i am wondering is if there is a way to say only save the files i want based on extention.

For example a new email come's in that has two attachments one is a .pdf and the other is a .docx, is there a condition or switch or anything i could put in my flow to say i want to save the attachment that is a pdf to the file system but ignore the word document (.docx)

Any help would be wonderful.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filtering Attachments

Hi @Rozey,

We could add a condition to check if the Attachment name contains the pdf, in the following way:

117.PNG

119.PNG

Doing in this way would only save the pdf file in the proper folder.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Also to add to this is there also a way to ignore email signatures, it seems like when i save attachments to the file system it will also save any images that are in a email signature.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rozey,

We could add a condition to check if the Attachment name contains the pdf, in the following way:

117.PNG

119.PNG

Doing in this way would only save the pdf file in the proper folder.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This did work great for me i did expand it more and did advanced conditioning like this  ' @or(contains(item()?['Name'], 'pdf'), contains(item()?['Name'], 'docx'), contains(item()?['Name'], 'xlsx'), contains(item()?['Name'], 'zip'))  '  

just more info for anybody searching for the same solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (5,455)