cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rik_Bha
Frequent Visitor

Find and Save or Replace Original Document

Hello

I am using Adobe Sign to send files for signature in Sharepoint. By default Adobe Sign will save document to a global document library in Sharepoint. However, the original document which was sent for signature is saved in different folder.

Is there a way to find the original document in specific folder and replace it with signed document via power automate? Both the documents will have the same file name.

Right now we move each document to its original folder manually.

Please advise.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crowdjs
Resolver II
Resolver II

Yes, If I understand the problem correctly you can use the SharePoint trigger - "When a file is created in a folder". For that trigger you will need to know the location where that signed adobe file is created. Then used the SharePoint action - "Move file" to the location of the original. This assuming you know where the original resides. But I am sure SharePoint does not allow two files to have the same name in the same folder. They will need original names. 

Screenshot 2020-11-28 213733.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
crowdjs
Resolver II
Resolver II

Yes, If I understand the problem correctly you can use the SharePoint trigger - "When a file is created in a folder". For that trigger you will need to know the location where that signed adobe file is created. Then used the SharePoint action - "Move file" to the location of the original. This assuming you know where the original resides. But I am sure SharePoint does not allow two files to have the same name in the same folder. They will need original names. 

Screenshot 2020-11-28 213733.png

Rik_Bha
Frequent Visitor

This option does not work for me as the location of the original file keeps changes as per the date folder. Parent folder remains the same. Ideally find the original file and then replacing it with signed version would be great but I am not sure if any dynamic expressions can be used to identify this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (3,151)