cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbullit61
Regular Visitor

Find files with no extension and add or rename file

We have an application that pulls pdf's from an internal system which then uploads to a document library. Unfortunately it wasn't discovered in early testing that in some instances where there is a string at the end of the file is enclosed in parenthesis that it doesn't add the file extension, eg., myfilename(1234)pdf. I have thousands of these that I need to add the file extension to. 

How can I identify those files with no extension? When using get-files I can't figure out how to identify them to set a variable for the actions to add the .pdf.. 

any assistance would be great. 

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@kbullit61 see if this helps

jinivthakkar_0-1614891918575.png

jinivthakkar_1-1614891976488.png

You really don't need a variable, you can hard code .pdf to file name once you have the file.

Note :  This is like a demo/poc for your to build your logic, I am just copying files from one library to another and changing the file extension to .pdf, also in get files I am not filtering files based on extension you will have to do it in your flow.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,799)