Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Fliter an entity in CDS using odata on a date = yesterday

Hi,

i am trying to filter an entity based a date field... but with no success, i am trying to get all records that haver the date of "yesterday"

i.e.: ReportDate=yesterday

where ReportDate is the date field!

Screenshot (1).png

really appreciate your help on this.

Regards,

Mohammad

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Fliter an entity in CDS using odata on a date = yesterday

Hi mokhawaja,

About Odata filter query, please take this documentation for a reference:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/use-odata-query-operations-in-sharepoint-...

From the doc we know that when filter the datetime, we need to get the day, month and year of the date.

While you could also add a Condition in your flow to filter the date which is equal to yesterday.

To test this issue, I configured the flow likes below. It works as expected.

The function I use in the Condition is: @equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['date'], formatdatetime(adddays(utcnow(),-1),'yyyy-MM-dd'))

3.PNG

Reference documentation:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/logic-apps/logic-apps-workflow-definition-language

Please try it on your side. Hope this could be a reference for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

hi @v-yamao-msft,

thank you for your suggestion, which was partially successful, but the problem that my entity that i am trying to filter contains more than 2000 records and the flow times out most of the time with no success.

so i believe that the best way is to use the odata filter... but i still could not find the formula that i can use with success... and most of the time i get a syntax error.

i could extract the date of yesterday using the action (Get Past time) before trying to filter... but my probelm is what is the formula for this Odata filter?

appreciate your help.

Mohammad

Highlighted

addDays(utcNow(),-1,'yyyy-MM-dd')

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,794)