cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbeene
Helper I
Helper I

Flow Approvals Visible in Task List

Good day all.  I'm working on my first large flow using the Automate platform.  Historically, I have worked with SharePoint Designer and Nintex Workflow for this automation.  In these tools, as you know, tasks populate a Task List that everyone can get to (with proper permissions of course).  Furthermore, with Nintex, I can go to the workflow history (as an admin) and see any open tasks.  All of these tools allow me, as an admin, to manage task on the others behalf if I need to.  Is anyone aware of some way that I, as an admin, can do this.  I have found the "Approvals" space in the Automate dashboard, but this is only for "MY" open Tasks, not everyone else's.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Cbeene 

Unfortunately your observation is accurate and correct.  If you want that type of control, consider "rolling your own" approval solution in Power Automate.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Cbeene 

Unfortunately your observation is accurate and correct.  If you want that type of control, consider "rolling your own" approval solution in Power Automate.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thanks for the feedback @ScottShearer .  That's a little disappointing.  On top of my admin access to this information/control, the task lists have been a great way to build "open item" dashboards for my users, where email traffic gets lost in the fray.  It would be great to be able to access these task from the instance of the flow in question.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,447)