cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lana
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Auto Notification from Microsoft

I joined a company where I inherited a lot of flows created by a person who was working here before me. Unfortunately he created everything in his name.

I changed all the connections to use the Service account. However if the flow fails or if I change the flow using a service account, he still gets an email. Is there a way to change the default email Microsoft sends every week to go to a security group?

I know there isn't a way to change the owner of the flow but would love to hear the workarounds you have for these scenarios.

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Lana did you remove his connection references from all flow ? Go to flow connections, view all - remove any connections related to earlier user 

jinivthakkar_0-1641455658208.png

Lana
Helper II
Helper II

Will that stop sending emails to his email address? Is there a way to send any flow failures to a security group?

jinivthakkar
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Lana yes, if in connections his name is not there it will stop sending emails to him and obviously his name is not in "To" of send email action.

Yes you can send email to security group when flow fails, you can either implement try,catch,finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6rGbJXsH1U

or you could just configure run after conditions(this is short and simple)

https://creospark.com/configure-run-after-in-microsoft-power-automate#:~:text=To%20start%2C%20you%20....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,434)