Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow Condition Function "equal to" fails to compare text

See the attached Flow:

Essentially - I wish to:

1. Recieve an email
  2. Look up the address in a SharePoint list
  3. If I have the email address in my Email list - save the message to another list
  4. If I don't have the email address, add it to the Email List.

So in the test, by rights, the second time I process this, it should work.

For some reason, the email address in the SharePoint List always fails the comparison with the email address in the From field.

The SharePoint list Field with the email is formatted as a single line of text.

FlowFed
fb photo upload

The conditions seem pretty simple but I can not get it to work.

Can someone help me understand the right way to do this?

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi drclowes,

Can the flow run succeed? What’ the run status?

According to your description, I create two lists with an Email column, and the Email column is configured as a Single line of text.

I create a flow the similar with yours. It seems that when the flow runs, the email address will be created several times in both the two lists.

I am still working on this flow.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mabel,

The flow succeeds, but every time, the condition reverts to the "false" leg. (and creates another list item with an email address)

I think there is some thing to do with the way the condition evaluates the data in the email "from" field.

I have made another example where I write the "from" email address in to a temp field. Then get that field back from sharepoint with another step and compare against my email list. This works and the comparison correcty identifies my record, but I'm stuck and have to recieve every message, rather than block every message that does not match an email on my list.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mabel,

Did you have any success?

TravisB
Power Automate
Power Automate

Hi @Anonymous,

You can check what happened on any runs you are confused about to see exactly why the comparison failed.

If from your flow list, you click into the relevant flow, this will take you to the flow details page.

On the flow details page you can open the flow run history and look at individual runs. When looking at an individual run, you can inspect the outputs of triggers and actions to see where the mismatch is happening.

If you find a run where it isn't really clear why the two aren't matching up, please update so we can dig more into it!

Hope this helps!

Best,

Travis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (73,375)