cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeRol
Level: Power Up

Flow Connections Office 365 to Google Calendar - Connection to Office 365 fails (2 x account available)

Hello Community, 

when trying to use the template for syncronizing Office 365 Outlook Calendar info to Google Calendar I cannot get a valid connection to my office 365 account. I have the same account available twice, and I cannot "forget" one of them. No matter which one I try to connect, the login-process works (login, passwort, authenticator), but the step in the flow remains on "fault" (red exclamation mark). 

What to do? Is there a  problem with the connection of my office 365 accounts in the background?

Any help is highly apprecitated. 

Cheers

Benno

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Flow Connections Office 365 to Google Calendar - Connection to Office 365 fails (2 x account available)

HI @BeRol 

Can you pelase share more details on this? Maybe a screenhsot of the error that you are getting. That way we might be able to assist you better. 

By the post, I am guessing there is some connection issue to your outlook. What you can do is -> go to Data on the left Nav bar on the flow portal and click on connections. Find the outlook connection and delete that. In the flow edit your flow and then on the action you can create a new connection. 

Sometimes these issues might occur due to caching. You might want to save the flow and logout of the current session and close all browser windows. Clear cache and start a fresh session and then check if you continue to get the error. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

BeRol

Re: Flow Connections Office 365 to Google Calendar - Connection to Office 365 fails (2 x account available)

Hello Yashag, 

thanks for your speedy reply, I really appreciate it. 

I have folowed your suggestion and deleted the office 365 connections and re-established them. 

But - no cigar. I get the same error (see attachted screenshot): https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcSMjLTSy0ogtA8UJ-AWPQnnd6E9g?e=RrIv9Z

What really strikes me is the following: 

I delete all connections to Office / outloo / office 365. 

I create one connection to "outlook.com" (see screenshot https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjcSMjLTSy0ogtA9OlZPNyaP3dlRZw?e=2zuFov) - the connection works 

I go to the flow and tell it to connect outlook to google - the system seems to generate a NEW connection to "office 365 outlook" - which fails. It disregards the connection already present. 

Any thoughts on this issue are highly appreciated. 

Best regards

Benno

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BeRol ,

You could check if you  still have an Office 365 license in Office 365 admin, please confirm.

Then you could use other browsers to create a similar Flow, such as Edge.

You could create a Flow from the blank, search the Office 365 connector, select one trigger, then click Add new connection to create a new connection and check for problems.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BeRol

Hello Bacao, 

1. I have an active Office 365 Personal licence, renewed in April 2019 for one year

2. When I perform the steps you suggest, I get a "Access denied"-Message: you do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource". 

3. As an aside: I have an active "outlook.com"-Connection, which says "connected". What I don't get: why does flow insist on using the office 365 - outlook connector, why not the outlook.com-one?

Now what? Any ideas?

Thanks for your support!

Benno 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BeRol ,

Thanks for your reply!

It seems that there are some differences between Office 365 subscriptions, and Office 365 Personal and Office 365 for Business seem to have different applications here.

From Microsoft Flow online doc, it seems that this requires an Office 365 for Business subscription.

Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based service that is designed to help meet your organization's needs for robust security, reliability, and user productivity.

Please refer to the link below for more details about their differences:

https://blog.goptg.com/blog/2016/02/18/office-365-home-vs-business

https://www.microsoft.com/es-es/store/b/office-365

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,642)