cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow Connections

Hello,

I've started creating a few flows for a SharePoint intranet site that a few people use. I use the "Office 365 Users", "Office 365 Outlook" and a "SharePoint" connection within my flow and it's being used in a SharePoint list for a selected item.

My question is, and this might sound stupid, but how do I have the connections not run as me but the user that started the flow?

I'm having problems wrapping my head around this so the phrasing of the question might be off.

Would it be best to create and share flows with a user that doesn't belong to a person? For example, create a user named "flow", give it a licence and create flows with that.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow Connections

@TommyHotvedt:

You really have two options:

1. Export the Flow and have the users each import the Flow and provide their credentials upon import.  This is likely not a practical solution.
  2. Have an account created for this purpose and assign it licenses.  Create Flows using that users credentials for the connections.

If this answers your question, please mark your Flow as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@TommyHotvedt:

You really have two options:

1. Export the Flow and have the users each import the Flow and provide their credentials upon import.  This is likely not a practical solution.
  2. Have an account created for this purpose and assign it licenses.  Create Flows using that users credentials for the connections.

If this answers your question, please mark your Flow as Solved.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the clarification. I'll go with an account purely for flows.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,312)