Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jasb81 Advocate V
Advocate V

Flow - Dynamics Update Record

Hi All,

I have a flow that receives updates from a Mailchimp webhook when members update their profile. I then want to update the member respective record in Microsoft Dynamics but get the error below on record id.

I'm not sure why the flow is failing and what value should go in the record id field when a record is updated in Dynamics?

mappingfield.JPG

Dynamics_RecordID.JPG

RecordID: I have another Create Member Flow which uses the Mailchimp Flow connector to create a new record in Dynamics, when someone signs up for a newsletter via the mailchimp form. As part of this flow, I capture the unquie_email_id and saved in Dynamics when a new record is created

create_new_record.JPG

Dynamics_Contact.JPG

Thanks

Jag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KirshanthanJ
Frequent Visitor

Re: Flow - Dynamics Update Record

Hi

You need to pass the Dynamics Record ID (unique Identifier) to update the Record in step 2.

If you don't have the Dynamics Record ID then information you need to use the "List Records" step before the update record step to pass any identifier from Mailchimp webhook to match D365 Record and get the Record Identifier to update. 

In my case I am passing the Twitter Name to Dynamics Record Contacts Last Name to get the record Id.

Annotation 2019-11-07 171354.png

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope this post was helpful, please give a thumbs up or mark as solution

Thanks!

Kirsh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CollabTechie Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hey @jasb81 
You are trying to update a Dynamics record so you need to get the record(s) with Flow and then pass the ID to the update record action. A mailchimp ID won't work because Flow doesn't know what record it should grab and update in Dynamics.

If this post was help and solved your issue, please give a thumbs up or mark as solution

KirshanthanJ
Frequent Visitor

Hi

You need to pass the Dynamics Record ID (unique Identifier) to update the Record in step 2.

If you don't have the Dynamics Record ID then information you need to use the "List Records" step before the update record step to pass any identifier from Mailchimp webhook to match D365 Record and get the Record Identifier to update. 

In my case I am passing the Twitter Name to Dynamics Record Contacts Last Name to get the record Id.

Annotation 2019-11-07 171354.png

Hope this post was helpful, please give a thumbs up or mark as solution

Thanks!

Kirsh

View solution in original post

rvdstelt
Regular Visitor

Goodafternoon, @jasb81 

I have a problem and i can see it is working with you. How did you get the trigger to work. Mailchimp webhook first sends you a get to verify the url and the a post. But when i input the url into mailchimp i get the folowing message We couldn't verify the URL is working. Please double check and try again. HTTP Code: 400. Can you please help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,985)