cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasb81
Level 8

Flow - Dynamics Update Record

Hi All,

I have a flow that receives updates from a Mailchimp webhook when members update their profile. I then want to update the member respective record in Microsoft Dynamics but get the error below on record id.

I'm not sure why the flow is failing and what value should go in the record id field when a record is updated in Dynamics?

mappingfield.JPG

Dynamics_RecordID.JPG

RecordID: I have another Create Member Flow which uses the Mailchimp Flow connector to create a new record in Dynamics, when someone signs up for a newsletter via the mailchimp form. As part of this flow, I capture the unquie_email_id and saved in Dynamics when a new record is created

create_new_record.JPG

Dynamics_Contact.JPG

Thanks

Jag

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KirshanthanJ
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow - Dynamics Update Record

Hi

You need to pass the Dynamics Record ID (unique Identifier) to update the Record in step 2.

If you don't have the Dynamics Record ID then information you need to use the "List Records" step before the update record step to pass any identifier from Mailchimp webhook to match D365 Record and get the Record Identifier to update. 

In my case I am passing the Twitter Name to Dynamics Record Contacts Last Name to get the record Id.

Annotation 2019-11-07 171354.png

----------------------------------------------------------

Hope this post was helpful, please give a thumbs up or mark as solution

Thanks!

Kirsh

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
CollabTechie
Level 8

Hey @jasb81 
You are trying to update a Dynamics record so you need to get the record(s) with Flow and then pass the ID to the update record action. A mailchimp ID won't work because Flow doesn't know what record it should grab and update in Dynamics.

If this post was help and solved your issue, please give a thumbs up or mark as solution

KirshanthanJ
Level: Powered On

Hi

You need to pass the Dynamics Record ID (unique Identifier) to update the Record in step 2.

If you don't have the Dynamics Record ID then information you need to use the "List Records" step before the update record step to pass any identifier from Mailchimp webhook to match D365 Record and get the Record Identifier to update. 

In my case I am passing the Twitter Name to Dynamics Record Contacts Last Name to get the record Id.

Annotation 2019-11-07 171354.png

Hope this post was helpful, please give a thumbs up or mark as solution

Thanks!

Kirsh

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,276)