cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow Editing Problems

Sorry if this has already been reported (I looked but couldn't see it).  I seem to be having serious problems just editing text in my flows.  For example, I have an action to send an email and I'm filling in the body with a combination of static text and output fields from a Salesforce query.  The problem is that simple things like moving the cursor or trying to move field tokens around don't work leaving me with little option but to delete everything and start again even to make the smallest change.

This seems like a pretty serious problem to me so I'm surprised there's nothing about it on the board already which makes me think maybe it's something to do with my setup!  I'm using Windows 10 (Anniversary edition) and the standard Edge browser.

Hope you can help, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow Editing Problems

Hi NickMilner,

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, and I tried this in both Edge browser, IE, Chrome. In the action “send an email”, I configured Body with a combination of static text and output fields from “create file in Google Drive” action. When I wanted to change static text, I used the mouse to move the cursor to the text and modified the text. When I wanted to change the output fields, I just deleted the old one and selected a new one without delete everything. By default, the output fields are not be able to be moved by dragging and dropping.

Please try if you could move your cursor by using mouse and if you could delete old output field and select a new one.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi NickMilner,

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, and I tried this in both Edge browser, IE, Chrome. In the action “send an email”, I configured Body with a combination of static text and output fields from “create file in Google Drive” action. When I wanted to change static text, I used the mouse to move the cursor to the text and modified the text. When I wanted to change the output fields, I just deleted the old one and selected a new one without delete everything. By default, the output fields are not be able to be moved by dragging and dropping.

Please try if you could move your cursor by using mouse and if you could delete old output field and select a new one.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

This works as a workaround, thanks.  I initially thought it didn't because I couldn't place the cursor at the end of a line but you just have to very precisely place the cursor at the end of the text.

Hopefully the editing functionality will be improved soon.  Thanks for your help.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

FYI - I found the same problem.  I was formatting a message text labels stacked vertically and was inserting variables from a Salesforce object modified action.  Putting the cursor to the right of each variable simply moved the mouse down to the bottom. But if I clicked inside the text of each label, then I could press the [End] key and the cursor would move the right of the label.  This approach may not be faster than what you suggested, but it required less precision with the clicks.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem, any new options in this case? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,091)