cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Flow Email with Options Code Help

A little background on myself....I have no coding experience.  I am doing a little experimenting with flow and I have got pretty far in the limited time I have been messing around with it.  My flow is going to get email addresses from an excel sheet, send an email, and return the options the user selects to a different excel sheet.

I am trying to use flow to send out an email with options.  I would like to have the options in the email but I would like to set up the body of the email so it a little different than the template.  I have tried to export\modify the code\import but I still dont like the look of the email.  If I use the template I get the body of the email at the top and the bottom of the email and it doesnt flow good.  If I paste my HTML code (copied from an email I sent myself in outlook) into the Body of the email the bottom portion of the email looks good but the top portion of the email shows all the code.  Is there a better way to get a good looking email with options?

Not Sure how to post a picture but there is a link to the picture below.  If there is a better\safer way to post a picture let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgazy0hi1ixhb59/Flow%20Code%20Email%20Picture.png?dl=0 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Flow Email with Options Code Help

@aarond the reason your email shows the code and has the options at the top and the bottom is because you haven't set the "Use only HTML message" in the advanced options of the Send an email with options so you are getting both text and HTML versions in the same email. Set it it to Yes.

sendHTMLOnly.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Please follow @RobElliott suggestion, he is one of our top contributors to this community

Even if this is a non related to your issue, and just as a general comment, if you need to share a screenshot from Power User editor, make sure you are writing from a desktop browser client (I believe mobile browsers does not display this menu) and do the following:

Flow_UploadImage.png

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@aarond the reason your email shows the code and has the options at the top and the bottom is because you haven't set the "Use only HTML message" in the advanced options of the Send an email with options so you are getting both text and HTML versions in the same email. Set it it to Yes.

sendHTMLOnly.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Please follow @RobElliott suggestion, he is one of our top contributors to this community

Even if this is a non related to your issue, and just as a general comment, if you need to share a screenshot from Power User editor, make sure you are writing from a desktop browser client (I believe mobile browsers does not display this menu) and do the following:

Flow_UploadImage.png

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Rob,

Thank you for your time and answer.  That is what I was looking for.  That makes it pretty obvious that I have no coding\html background.

Efialttes,

Thank you for some reason when I originally tried to post this thread when I clicked the camera icon I got a page that didnt look like the one you posted and it asked for Source info, it had no drop and drag options. I just checked and now I get the same screen you get so I should be able to add pictures easier now.

Thank you both for your time.  Now time to tackle the rest of the flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,350)