cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcutchins
Resolver I
Resolver I

Flow Export - Connection Reference NOT in Target Environment

Trying to Export a Flow solution to an environment that does not have this preview feature yet, now what?

I am stuck because my solution can no longer be imported because the target environment has no idea what a "connection reference" is! There is no way to go back to the globally available connection (which is frustrating) and now I can no longer export/import my Flow (either as a standalone or within a solution)!  Anyone have any suggestions??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It has been determined I have to wait for the target environment to get the preview for "Connection Reference" to be enabled; expected in the coming weeks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@mcutchins

Go to your solution, select the flow and choose to add required components, re-export the solution and import.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

This is not my issue. Please re-read the description.  My target environment does not have “connection reference” available.  And since the Flow step automatically contains the connection reference (and no way to remove it) I have no way to move my Flow to another environment that does not have preview functionality.  

It has been determined I have to wait for the target environment to get the preview for "Connection Reference" to be enabled; expected in the coming weeks.

@Mira_Ghaly Thanks for the tip. I don't know why Microsoft doesn't just add the required components to the solution during export. It's frustrating to have to piece-meal a deployment and waste time trying to figure out the problem. Why not just package the solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,920)