cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoCronis
Level: Powered On

Flow Get my profile (V2) displaying the wrong user

Hi Folks.

Hopefully you can help me, I am trying to do an approval workflow which is actually two workflows together

WORKFLOW 1

I have created a Microsoft form for people to input some information. This form is then used with flow to populate a number of columns in a list. I want one of the columns to be "Requested By". To achieve this I have used Get my profile (V2) which I assumed would be the user who has filled in the form.

Later on, there is a SharePoint create item that has a Requested by field and is populated with the "Display name" item from Get my profile (V2)

The problem that I am running into is regardless of who fills in the form it is always putting my personal details into the get my profile option and not of the user who filled in the form.

I know that one way to get around this would be to make the user enter their Name then use that field later on to get a user profile based on that column but I would prefer that it was smart enough to know who filled in the form in the first place

WORKFLOW 2

This workflow detects that a new item has been added to the SP List and then triggers a workflow to get the requesters manager and get approval. This flow is working okay at the moment based off my information but I can't test with someone else because I cant get their details 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Flow Get my profile (V2) displaying the wrong user

Hi @NicoCronis, "Get my profile" literally means that and it will get your (the owner of the Flow) profile details. What you need to use is Get user profile (V2). The image below shows one of my live flows that does exactly what your Workflow 1 needs to do and saves the user details to the SharePoint list based on the responder's email address. As part of the same flow I send an email using the Given Name from the Office 365 Get User Profile with Hi [Given Name], thank you for completing the form etc etc

Rob
Los Gallardos

getUserProfile.png1 - Get User Profile

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @NicoCronis, "Get my profile" literally means that and it will get your (the owner of the Flow) profile details. What you need to use is Get user profile (V2). The image below shows one of my live flows that does exactly what your Workflow 1 needs to do and saves the user details to the SharePoint list based on the responder's email address. As part of the same flow I send an email using the Given Name from the Office 365 Get User Profile with Hi [Given Name], thank you for completing the form etc etc

Rob
Los Gallardos

getUserProfile.png1 - Get User Profile

View solution in original post

NicoCronis
Level: Powered On

Awesome thank you so much that has done exactly what i want and given me a much better idea of how the flows work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,599)