cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Flow Licensing Question

We are on O365 Plan 2 and starting to look into using Flow.

We've designed a flow to run against a SharePoint list and it works like this.

A user adds an item to the list, which is a small survey, the results of that survey is then emailed to the manager.  3 step workflow which is pretty straight forward.  The users will be using a PowerApp to fill out the survey or the list itself, so there's a couple options.

My question is this.  What type of O365 license does the member creating the item need and is there any limits?

We have K1 (F1), E1, and E3.  I'd like to understand what the limits are on each of these licenses as I haven't really been able to find much online.

Cheers,
Brandon

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Flow Licensing Question

Hi @brandonklittle,

I think the member need free plan of “Microsoft Flow for Office 365” license to create the item at least. However, the free plan doesn’t allow you to share connections or custom connectors with other people in your company.

Office 365 Enterprise F1 includes the same capabilities as Flow Free, but an SLA is available and the number of flow runs is aggregated across all users in the company.

On-premises connectivity is not available for Office Enterprise E1, and will be limited to the Microsoft services.

For Office 365 Enterprise E3, there is a bit limit to Microsoft services.

More details about Office 365 licenses, please read the article as below:

https://products.office.com/en-us/business/compare-more-office-365-for-business-plans

More details about Flow Plans:

https://preview.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

More details about PowerApps plans:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks, but that still doesn't fully explain how flows are licensed.  I've been to all the links you posted prior to and it still doesn't fully detail how flows are licensed.  Maybe I need to explain more on my question.

1.  How many flows exactly does each license, E1, E3, or an F1, get per month?  We are on O365 Plan 2.  How many flows does this come with if flows are aggregated across all users in the company?  Do we get to share 200,000 (estimate) flows between our 2,000 users or something else?  Or is there some math that's done to get that final number. 

2.  I've also heard that only the owner of a flow can run a flow that's built.  Is this true?  I created a SharePoint list and applied a flow, which notifies the creator of the SharePoint item and a Manager (Tag) that the item has been created and emails both the details of the item.  This sounds like it's applied to the list, not me specificially.  I created a group and designed it to run under the group instead of "my flow" and that group consists of our O365 administrative team to manage them and make sure they are always working.  Now, this goes to point one, is this running total going under my license or the person who creates the SharePoint item since they are the ones who are activating the flow?

It all sounds so complicated and we are really trying to use flow with SharePoint in replacement to SP Designer WF's.  We want to make sure that we don't get a surprise bill at the end of the year because we weren't aware of the limitations of flow and how they are applied to licenses.

Cheers,

Highlighted

Following Microsoft link provides information on which Licensing product includes Flow. 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Which Office 365 plans includes Microsoft Flow?
These Office 365 plans include 'Microsoft Flow for Office 365' plan:
  • Office 365 Business Essentials
  • Office 365 Business Premium
  • Office 365 Education
  • Office 365 Education Plus
  • Office 365 Enterprise E1 *
  • Office 365 Enterprise E3 *
  • Office 365 Enterprise E5
* Office 365 Enterprise E2 includes the same capabilities as Office 365 Enterprise E1, and Office 365 Enterprise E4 includes the same capabilities as Office 365 Enterprise E3.
Office 365 Enterprise F1 includes the same capabilities as Flow Free, but an SLA is available and the number of flow runs is aggregated across all users in the company.
Compare plans
Are the flow runs included in the per user licenses limited to the licensed user?
Flow runs included in Microsoft Flow Free can only be used by the licensed user.

Flow runs included in the Office 365, Dynamics 365, Microsoft Flow Plan 1 and Plan 2 are pooled across all users in the company.
What happens when I use all the flow runs included in my per user licenses?
You can buy more flow runs in increments of 50,000 flow runs per month.
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000204 EndHTML:000079428 StartFragment:000058509 EndFragment:000079366 StartSelection:000058518 EndSelection:000079354 SourceURL:https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/Plans | Microsoft Flow
lans come with following features
Flow FreeFlow for Office and DynamicsFlow Plan 1 (USD $5.00)Flow Plan 2 (USD $15.00)  Flow Free Flow for Office 365 and Flow for Dynamics 365 Flow Plan 1 Flow Plan 2
 FreeUSD $5.00 / user / moUSD $15.00 / user / mo
GeneralChoose plan Start free trial Start free trial
Create unlimited automated workflowsTrueTrueTrueTrue
Maximum number of runs per month (per user)7502,000 14,500 115,000 1
Maximum flow frequency15 minutes5 minutes3 minutes1 minute
Access your flows on native apps for iOS and AndroidTrueTrueTrueTrue
Create flows from thousands of templates available in the public galleryTrueTrueTrueTrue
Publish flows to the public galleryTrueTrueTrueTrue
Use Business process flows to model multi-stage processes   True
SLANot available99.9%99.9%99.9%
Connectivity
Connect to Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure SQL, and other Microsoft servicesTrueTrueTrueTrue
Connect to common cloud-based services like Twitter and Wordpress using standard connectorsTrueTrueTrueTrue
Connect to line of business services like Salesforce and Oracle using premium connectors  TrueTrue
Access on-premises data using on-premises data gateway True2TrueTrue
Create custom connectors to connect to your own systems (per user)One 3OneUnlimitedUnlimited
Management
Create environments to deploy your flows (per user)   Two
Invite others to share ownership and run flows TrueTrueTrue
View flow usage across your company   True
Establish environment policies regarding the usage of different connections and flows 4   True
1 For these plans the number of flow runs is aggregated across all users in the company. If your company exceeds more than the included runs per month per user, you can buy an additional quota of runs per month:
For every additional:50,000 runs
Added cost / month:USD $40.00
2 On-premises connectivity is not available for Office Business and Office Enterprise E1 SKUs, and will be limited to the Microsoft services included with your Dynamics or Office license.
3 The free plan doesn’t allow you to share connections or custom connectors with other people in your company.
4 Office 365 Global Admins can create policies that apply to the entire company, but require Plan 2 to create environment-specific policies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (12,284)