cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tofsweden
Level: Powered On

Re: Flow Lifetime validation failed

Is there any way to know that an update have been rolled out?

Regards

Power Automate Staff TravisB
Power Automate Staff

Hi @tofsweden,

We roll out updates every week. We update the blog with details on new major features, but I do think it would be good if we had weekly patch notes for all the changes.

tofsweden

@TravisB yes I think it would be good for the community. Could happen that the developer team doesn't consider flow lifetime as big 'news' so the update in particular goes unnoticed by the users that needed the function beforehand. 

AllanMartins

Hi @TravisB, I just tested and seems that the change for the token was not yet implemented, right?

Power Automate Staff

Hi @AllanMartins,

The deployment should complete by the end of the day.

Best,

Travis

AllanMartins

@TravisB, will it affect current running flows, or just new ones?

I did few tests by triggering new flows (about 7 hours ago) and they are still failing in the same way..

thanks

tofsweden

@AllanMartins

I made a new flow and tested it, it was successful so it works for me. Please create new flow from scratch and try again, btw how does your flow look like?

Mine was Read Rows SQL -> Create New Record Common Data Service with 2414 objects, needed around 1 hour and 24 minutes.

AllanMartins

@tofsweden, thanks for the heads up - I just created a test flow to check and will confirm in the next 4 hours

AllanMartins

Hi @TravisB and @tofsweden,

I just a few tests by creating a new flow, and waiting more than the 4 hours, but I still get the token expiration error

{"Message":"Error from ASE:Bad key authorization token: Failed to validate token: IDX10223: Lifetime validation failed. The token is expired.\nValidTo: '06/30/2017 13:54:21'\nCurrent time: '06/30/2017 17:46:47'."}

Am I missing something?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now working correctly at my end. Tested a simple approval workflow which I kicked off on Friday evening and I've just selected the "approve" option this morning. no authentication time out.

Great work guys!

Cheers

AllanMartins

hey @Anonymous

Was it a O365-Approval Email or a message using Approvals service?

I did tried on early today using O365-Approval Email and just got the token failure again:

{"Message":"Error from ASE:Bad key authorization token: Failed to validate token: IDX10223: Lifetime validation failed. The token is expired.\nValidTo: '07/02/2017 21:39:40'\nCurrent time: '07/03/2017 01:11:51'."}

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a standard approval email workflow. Very simple one I set up triggered by a Flow Button. I triggered it Friday afternoon here and then hit the "approve" option in the email this morning and the workflow continued OK from there.

This was a Flow that I created when I first encountered the bug, I wonder if there's a chance it has not been rolled out to New flows?

AllanMartins

The one I have is triggered by a PowerApps, I will try with a Flow trigger.

tofsweden

@AllanMartins

Hello, sorry been weekend off.

Could be underlying problem? How does your flow schema look like?

Could there be a possibility that PowerApps gets timed out when trying to establish connection to whatever DB you use? Gateway issue?

AllanMartins

@tofsweden

So, here is the results:

Create a simple Flow as: Flow Button (trigger) -> Send Approval Email (O365): it worked when actioned after 6 hours, no problems

Create another flow: PowerApps (trigger) -> Send Approval Email (O365): it failed with the same token problem...

{"Message":"Error from ASE:Bad key authorization token: Failed to validate token: IDX10223: Lifetime validation failed. The token is expired.\nValidTo: '07/03/2017 03:54:10'\nCurrent time: '07/03/2017 09:31:58'."}

I wonder if is there anything different I need to do to get it to work with a PowerApps trigger, but I can say for sure: that is the only hold up I have for now. 🙂

AllanMartins

Hi,

So, I did some new tests today, still, no luck. However, I was able to confirm that Flows that uses PowerApps as a Trigger keep with the 4 hours validation for the Token. Old or New flows presents the same behaviour.

tofsweden

I didn't have same flow schema as you do, can't help you. maybe pinging @TravisB will help?

All luck to your work @AllanMartins godspeed!

Power Automate Staff

Hi @AllanMartins,

Sorry about the confusion! For security reasons, our token management is handled by another team so it's easy to get wires crossed when coordinating deployments.

I just tried this in our US region and it's working fine for me - can you try again and see if the issue is resolved now?

I created a new flow Button -> approval email and successfully approved after two hours.

Again, super appreciate your patience with this!

Thanks,

Travis

AllanMartins

@TravisB

Thanks for the follow up: actually, I tested using the Flow Button and it worked (as one of the earlier replies), but I still see the token expiration error when the trigger is "Power Apps".

Any way to get flow, which the trigger is "PowerApps" to handle the same token validation?

thanks

Highlighted
AllanMartins

I have been testing for the past days and noticed that from Sunday (July 9th) the tokens seems to be lasting longer, not sure exactly for how long, but I am doing several tests and got some cases where Approval Email (O365) are handling over 12 hours. I will keep monitoring to check for how long it takes for the Approver to respond, but I can say for now that this solves the problem I had 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,663)