Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Flow Management

HI All,

We have many FLOWs created by different people. 

Now that some people left the company I need a way to find and take ownership of these FLOWs to update them and/or assign a new owner.

How can I accomplish this task? 

I am the SharePoint Global admin. 

I am NOT the O365 Global Admin.

Thanks,

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smurf2162
Frequent Visitor

@Austin_Joe 

I dont know if SP admin will get you to this page, but yes there is a way to see all flows within a tenant.

Whoever provides admin priveleges will need to grant you access to that too.

'edit also in there it gives you the option to add or remove owners of flows. Only just noticed that myself. Very neat.

flowadmin.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @joef 

Have the accounts of the people who owned the flows and left the company been disabled/ deleted? If so, the flows that they created and were sole owners cannot be retrieved. If the accouts have not been disabled/ deleted, the flow owners can then add a co owner to the flow and keep it moving. It is always a good practice to have multiple users as co owners of a flow for such situations. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-lin-msft
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @joef,

If you want to make another owner (Another Microsoft Flow account) the original owner of your flow, you could consider taking a try to export your flow as a Package and then import the flow package into another user Microsoft Flow account.

More details about exporting and importing your flows across environments with packaging, please check the following article:

Export and import your flows across environments with packaging

And you could create a Flow template Library in SharePoint or OneDrive to store the Export Flow file so that other users can input.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Tom_Slosse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @joef 

Like @yashag2255 said if the account aren't deleted you can retrieve them.

Just login with their credentials and add an owner (yourself) to the Flows.

After done that you can delete the owner that has left the company and delete/disable them in AAD.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses, but I don't think  I was clear on my question.

I am looking for a way to find all FLOWs in my environment.  Is that possible?  

As the SharePoint Admin I need to know what's going on in my environment. 

All of your suggestions would be that I would have to change the password of every user that leaves my company login to SharePoint and see if they have any FLOW under their name. 

That just doesn't seem like a good solution.

Is there no FLOW management/Admin console?  If not there should be 🙂

Thanks Again,

Joe

Smurf2162
Frequent Visitor

@Austin_Joe 

I dont know if SP admin will get you to this page, but yes there is a way to see all flows within a tenant.

Whoever provides admin priveleges will need to grant you access to that too.

'edit also in there it gives you the option to add or remove owners of flows. Only just noticed that myself. Very neat.

flowadmin.PNG

joef
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks @Smurf2162 ,

Unfortunatly you need to be O365 Global Admin rights t get to the environments.  I will have mine check it out. 

Thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,787)