cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PWEQDS
Regular Visitor

Flow Microsoft Teams with REST API Autotask

Hello Everyone,

i'm new to Power Automate and my plan is to integrate a REST API with Power Automate in Microsoft Teams.

The Problem that i can't get an ID for the next Flow Step.

For Example:

This is an GET-Request. I Use the lastName and get the full record.

PWEQDS_3-1625576573894.png

Now i need a single Item from the GET-Request and this is the Employee-ID but in the next Flow Step i can't reach the ID:

PWEQDS_5-1625576640171.png

Only the Full Body i can use.

Can anyone tell me how i can get single Items?

Best Regards and Thank you.

Philipp

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @PWEQDS,

It depends a bit on the format of your response. Can you share an example response of the first GET request?

Base on your openings post I am guessing you would be able to use index in an expression. [0] would be the first item in a collection. 

Below is an example of an expression which retrieves the Employee-ID value of the first item.

Based on your schema definition this example might not work. It is just an example of the retrieve first item approach

outputs('Holt_anhand_einer_Query_den_Mitarbeiter')?['body/value'][0]['Employee-ID']

Hope this helps a bit?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @PWEQDS,

It depends a bit on the format of your response. Can you share an example response of the first GET request?

Base on your openings post I am guessing you would be able to use index in an expression. [0] would be the first item in a collection. 

Below is an example of an expression which retrieves the Employee-ID value of the first item.

Based on your schema definition this example might not work. It is just an example of the retrieve first item approach

outputs('Holt_anhand_einer_Query_den_Mitarbeiter')?['body/value'][0]['Employee-ID']

Hope this helps a bit?

View solution in original post

PWEQDS
Regular Visitor

Hi @Expiscornovus 

thank you for your example this helps me alot. I got one Step more and got the ID for my Flow Thank You 🙂

Best Regards

Philipp

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,270)