cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeEG67

Flow Multiple Approvers

First I would like to say that I have tried both of these below, but the results are not what we are looking for.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Approvals-Multiple-Approvers-How-to-capture-all-t...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Multiple-approval-responses/m-p/133607

What we are looking for is to send the data, in real time, to a pre designated SP list, when people respond to our approval flow. The two links above do this, but only after every approver has submitted their response, otherwise, the list doesn't populate. We need to know who has responded and what their response is at the time of response. This is critical for our site because we have approvals that don't require everyone to respond if they're unavailable so we need to know who has responded.

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @MikeEG67 

You can get the details of the approvals only after the approval action is complete (i.e., after every responder has responded or if the action was timed out). 

For your use case, you can try a work around: 

1. Initialize an array variable and populate it with all the responders. 

2. Apply to each on the array variable and then add the approval action and select the current item for the assigned to field

3. After the approval action, add the action to update the sharepoint item. 

4. Click the ... on the apply to each and open settings. Toggle the concurrency run and set the degree of parallelism (this can be 20). 

The above steps will create separate approval actions for each approver and the parallelism step will ensure that all responders get the approval at same time and as all approvals are independent of each other, the responses will be updated in real time. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,739)