cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow Not Saving

I created a Flow and all was working fine yesterday - no errors.  I am gettind ready to turn the solution over to the team that will be managing it.  I saved the flow to have a back-up copy.  I demoed the Flow today and everything worked from start to finish.  However this Flow is sending emails and there were a few changes to the emails and fields that were being pulled in.  When I went to update the Flow I get the following error -  I went back to the original flow and tried to save with no changes and still get this error.  I also now get it when I try to save a copy.  So even though the Flow is working at this time I can make no upates.  HELP

Flow save failed with code 'DynamicOperationRequestClientFailure' and message 'The dynamic operation request to API 'sharepointonline' operation 'GetTable' failed with status code 'NotFound'. This may indicate invalid input parameters. Error response: { "error": { "code": 404, "source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-eastus2-01.azure-apim.net", "clientRequestId": "d14abfc7-bd52-476c-8c9b-5e4fafacc576", "message": "The response is not in a JSON format.", "innerError": "404 FILE NOT FOUND" } }'.

13 REPLIES 13
Gristy
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Following as i had a similar thing with some flows showing that the trigger was broken with a similar message.

What if you export and import the flow again?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing - all the connections import in but it fails on Importing the workflow.Error.jpg

What does the Get Table step look like?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So there are 2 Get steps  - Get Form Reponses & Get Manager - what I am struggling with is that the flow works fine - I just cannot make any changes.

Thanks for looking at this.

Get Responses from Form

{
"inputs": {
"host": {
"connectionName": "shared_microsoftforms",
"operationId": "GetFormResponseById",
"apiId": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_microsoftforms"
},
"parameters": {
"form_id": "J75p7jjZtU6HEcXmnKQ3GM8RKip8-7tBvGYZeyAtj51URDREOUhCVFI3NlczRjlOSDNSSkQ2RjFWMSQlQCN0PWcu",
"response_id": "@items('Apply_to_each')?['resourceData/responseId']"
},
"authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"
},
"description": "Gets the responses entered into the Form"

Get Manager

"inputs": {
"connectionName": "shared_office365users",
"operationId": "Manager_V2",
"apiId": "/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_office365users"
},
"id": "@outputs('Get_response_details_from_Form')?['body/responder']"
},
"authentication": "@parameters('$authentication')"
}
}

Is the Get Manager step missing a "{" in the beginning? Or did it just not make the copy for this post?

Just ruling out the easy stuff first.  If you look at past runs, are all of the steps giving the expected output?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry - it was just missed in the cut and paste - all the { are there.  

When I look at both of this Get statements on a successful WF completion the info is there - (I removed some of the info for Manager but it all came through)

Get Form Responses Inputs

{
"apiId": "subscriptions/c44298d0-c055-4569-9fb2-6ab8693eb98a/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/westus/runtimes/msmanaged-na/apis/microsoftforms",
"connectionReferenceName": "shared_microsoftforms",
"operationId": "GetFormResponseById"
},
"form_id": "J75p7jjZtU6HEcXmnKQ3GM8RKip8-7tBvGYZeyAtj51URDREOUhCVFI3NlczRjlOSDNSSkQ2RjFWMSQlQCN0PWcu",
"response_id": 82
}
}

OutPuts -

{
"statusCode": 200,
"headers": {},
"body": {
"responder": "mkaminsk@starbucks.com",
"submitDate": "8/21/2019 5:22:58 PM",
"r0809f396c2e6440ab944648c98903bd7": "This is a test to see emails",
"r163c4854c31b4e5a8b7af1e395d66424": "Provide EDAP Data access to an Existing Workspace",
"rce24298cdf264eb1af6fcb0a9f0432cf": "",
"r076a5f31d6364234bdd5d8a1c686b003": "",
"r0cc147771c5a4c279587a51a9faa0926": "",
"rf8f8f6fdd07a47eba0bd6e7b1f414f95": "2019-08-24",
"r0d3bdd9e8d2745648ff8dc3546018913": "Mary Kaminski",
"rc869e25647674b0b948ec658dbeb94a2": "",
"rdae13aa74f4a437ab512f32a28d46955": "Customer Marketing Analytics",
"r475821097d9548ffbde1f1f27d1100ef": "",
"r53da2bab6db440e29d2f7d186d3da710": "",
"r3e054f00aa0d4a129c1c65ff260d4ec2": "",
"r3419131bc52543a9a5603b9596b430e9": "",
"r1cbf62bfc5e34db9b46057994196a5cf": "Testing",
"r7b35b515e6f74c80a2b67d14f2a9aa38": "",
"r7fa0599c09db4b63a73d49adb7fe8e25": "mkaminsk@starbucks.com",
"rfb0c6e29cd7f40f39fc68da465d2971f": "mkaminsk@starbucks.com",
"r83ce693d3c7d4a37b73aa2eb83aa4da5": "",
"r153b8f0466c34e22bb8f329e7bac7d94": "[\"Customer _ Customer360 \",\"Customer _ CustomerAccount \",\"Customer _ CustomerDevice\",\"Customer _ CustomerInsight\"]",
"r5831b48481424e6588b06d4903e78705": "Restricted"
}
}

Get Manager Input
{
"apiId": "subscriptions/c44298d0-c055-4569-9fb2-6ab8693eb98a/providers/Microsoft.Web/locations/westus/runtimes/msmanaged-na/apis/office365users",
"connectionReferenceName": "shared_office365users",
"operationId": "Manager_V2"
},
"id": "mkaminsk@starbucks.com"
}
}

Output
{
"statusCode": 200,
"headers": {},
"body": {
"@odata.context": "https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/$metadata#directoryObjects(aboutMe,accountEnabled,birthday,business...",
"@odata.type": "#microsoft.graph.user",
"accountEnabled": true,
"businessPhones": [],
"city": "Seattle",
"companyName": "Starbucks Corp",
"department": "",
"displayName": " ",
"givenName": "Jeff",
"id": " ",
"jobTitle": "mgr technology solutions",
"mail": "jjohnso@starbucks.com",
"mailNickname": " ",
"officeLocation": " ",
"postalCode": " ",
"state": "WA",
"streetAddress": ",
"surname": "Johnson",
"userPrincipalName": "jjohnso@starbucks.com",
"userType": "Member"
}
}

Ok, so re-reading the error (I'm not super familiar with SP), it really feels like the call is working, but SP is returning 'nonsense' and Flow doesn't know what to make of it.

But you're saying that the Flow is working and continues to work?  Is that when it's triggered organically (using whatever trigger is built-in)? Or are you running a test or manual trigger?

Which step does the "flow checker" take you to when it bombs?  Can you show a screenshot of the step (from the edit, not during a run)?  Getting closer, I think.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The trigger is Submitting the form.  Once the form is submitted the workflow starts and completes,  So I thought all was fine as it was working for UAT.  The issue arose when I was asked to make a few changes to the emails that the users receive.  I went to make the changes and got the error when I went to save the workflow.  The error appears at the top of the screen and not anywhere else,  So it really does not tell me where it is failing.

Ok, one suggestion I got from the team was to delete the Get Responses From Form action, and hardcode the ID in the Get Manager action.  See if that lets you save.

kensley
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sorry for posting this late.

If this happens again, here is one thing you can check:

• Make sure if you are relying on any outside applications (i.e. Forms, SharePoint, etc..), that you have the proper sharing permissions applied to these apps after you move your flow from one environment into another.  I am assuming the new environment is a new account.  If that is the case, "that account" needs collaboration rights as "owner" or such, to all these other connected applications.

Once applied, you should then be able to "import" or "Save as" your original flow into the new environment.

brego
Frequent Visitor

Hello all. Has any of the suggestions in the discussion above been found to be the solution to the 'Flow not Saving' issue that started this thread? I'm running into what seems to be the same problem, w/ same error message. The flow was working perfectly, then I added a new user to the list that provides the flow a group of users to be the approvers. Now I am getting the Flow save error. Permissions were set for this additional approver as 'user' on the SP list, PowerApp, and PowerAutomate levels of my solution but, once I found that I could not save or save as any longer, went back to that approver's permissions and elevated her to 'Owner' in hopes that I would be able to save the Flow again. However, I was given the Flow Save error and am not able to save. Is the solution to remove and replace the Get functions in order to get the Flow to save and work again? 

Thanks,

Brett

Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

me too

brego
Frequent Visitor

Short story: I changed my list name and needed to use the correct step to get mine to save again. Long story: At least for my situation here, I think I figured out what I did. I created a solution in a development stage - then wanted to polish it up for presentation to others and move it to production. As such, I went back to my SP list and changed the list name to a friendly-name. I was unaware that I had used the Get File Properties step in my Flow, which asks for a library not a list. Before I changed my list name to the friendly name, the Get File Properties step worked just fine with me entering the list name into the library field. That was my screw up. After the name change, however, all Flow components updated with the new list name except for the Get File Properties steps – which were looking for an actual library. I replaced each Get File Properties with a Get Item, which looks for a List entry rather than Library, and everything worked once again and allowed me to save. Be sure to look for the 'X' in the form fields (rather than the dropdown arrow) as that might be a clue that whatever value you are passing cannot be found. Anyway, I found my mistake but I'm not certain that my resolution here gets to what this thread is looking to expose/solve. However, changing the Get File Properties step to a Get Item step and entering my SP list name for each place where I had used the wrong step worked to get me back on track and resolve the unable to save issue. Hopefully it can help you all too.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,412)