cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Flow Plan and Admin Profile Necessary to Access Flow Admin Center

We've started on looking at Flow and seeing whether it's suitable for some basic process such as school field trip requests and creating automation (email, approval, notification, etc.) around it.

However, I've noticed that anytime a flow involves any of the connector SharePoint, Outlook and OneDrive connectors in our Office 365 environment, I get an error message that says "Your flow was updated, but it is currently suspended since it uses a combination of connectors that conflict with the company data loss prevention policies or billing restrictions" and the flow is suspended. The approval flows I was testing are from the Microsoft Flow Template.

Upon further research, our global admin confirmed that we don't have the Flow Plan 2 with our Office 365 education A3 license, and therefore by default, no connectors are allowed. Ok, problem explained.

However, what is interesting though, is that our global admin was able to access the Flow Admin center interface with his permission. He also seems to be able to create a new DLP policy and selected the "Office 365 Outlook" and "OneDrive for Business" connectors to allow business data. Of course, this change still doesn't work when I test the flow as we still don't have the proper Flow Plan.

So, what I am curious is, why is it that our global admin is able to access the Flow Admin center even though we don't have the proper Flow Plan?

When I asked about this behavior on the community, the agent suggested that even with Free Flow plan, it's possible for non-global admin users to access the Flow Admin center.

However, what I tested is that with just SharePoint Admin (ex. myself) access and with Flow Free plan assigned (checked), I am still unable to see the Flow Admin center, unlike what the Global Admin sees.

So, what exactly is the Flow Plan and Admin Profile Necessary to Access Flow Admin Center?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (11,227)