Did you mean: 
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Flow Preview - Reply to Message V3

Hi,

Here is my feedback on the Outlook 365 Connector:

Reply to email V3 (Preview) 

What I miss in the connector are these features: 

Shared Mailbox Support - I would like to be able to operate with the same Action, regardless of whether the mailbox is my own, a delegated one, or shared, or O365 group mailbox (the last one is not a full fledged mailbox, but the request applies)

To accomplish that, the Connector should be aware of the user's permissions and transparently just work, if the user can access the resource. Additionally, I miss two parameters to complete usability: 

From: I should be able to define which email will be shown as the sender - provided I have the Send As permission of course; 

Reply-To: Likewise, I would like to be able to define to whom the recipeint's reply message would go to. 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TiagoFreire ,

Office 365 Outlook connector has an action “Send an email from a Shared mailbox”, which could be used to send an email from a shared mailbox. However, your account should have permission to access the mailbox for this operation to succeed.

About the From and Reply-To fields, we don’t have a From field in action Reply to email (V3), while we have a To field to define to whom the recipient’s reply message would go to.

If you want to define which email will be shown as the sender using a From field, please feel free submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The problem with "send from shared mailbox" is that it doesn't solve some scenarios. 

It cannot reply to messages, so it breaks conversations (Conversation ID).

Also, it is a different connector than the reply, which would mean different branches of execution, making for a more complex Flow structure. So it's less efficient. 

Reply-To would also be useful to model complex scenarios where the user might want to escalate or transfer a comunication to another user. 

Hi @TiagoFreire ,

Thanks for updating with more details.

Please feel free submit a request on Flow Ideas Forum so that these features could be added in future releases:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Users online (11,401)