cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mardwan
Level: Powered On

Flow Running Over 8 hours, No Results

screencapture-emea-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-3a06f8bf-1cc8-4f60-9869-123f31ff0411-flows-70712e84-41a8-4215-8a21-ee9bcdf35337-2019-11-02-16_21_14.png

I have the above flow. It has been running 8 hours now without any results. Any help in solving this would be highly appreciated. 

EDIT: This is where the error occurs

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mardwan

Re: Flow Running Over 8 hours, No Results

Using @AKRogers suggestion, I broke down the flow and discovered that the condition I was using to calculate the number of days between two days is what was bringing the error. Excel Online returns a date as a number in String form. I solved it by using int() as in this post.

https://parserr.com/support/knowledge-base/how-to-convert-a-string-to-a-number-in-microsoft-flow/

Thank you so much @AKRogers and @v-litu-msft  for your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
AKRogers
Level 8

Hi @Mardwan,

What stage is it stuck in?  Please click into the run instance that is still running and screenshot which stages have succeeded (green check mark) and which stage is still running (Yellow circle).  

Thank you!

Ashley

Mardwan

Hello @AKRogers , 

I have edited the question and added the image. Thank you!

AKRogers
Level 8

Thanks!  

Can you show us that Delay until action?  You have each row item "delaying until 2,"  which if you've set that to delay until, say, 2pm...that means that each row is going to hang in limbo until 2pm every day.  This is just an example, but if you started the Flow instance after 2pm on day 1 it's going to wait in that Apply to each stage until 2pm the following day.  If you have 31 rows, this is going to take a month to complete.

You may have meant to simply delay each row for 2 minutes, which is actually done via the Delay action and not the delay until action.

6.png

Ashley

If this response provided an answer to your question please mark it as a solution so that others can find it.

If you found this helpful, consider giving it a thumbs up!

Mardwan

I am using this function;

addDays('1900-01-01T00:00:00Z',int(item()?['First Contact']))

Since Excel Online returns a date as the number of days between the day and 1/1/1900, I use this function to translate what's being returned from the excel into a date. It worked before when I tested it without the conditions.  

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Mardwan,

I think the issue is caused by the Delay Until action, cause each branch of the Apply to each action perform should previous branch end, so each Do until action will make the each branch run spend more time.

What's the reason for you should add the Delay Until at the middle of the process?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mardwan

Hi @v-litu-msft ,

Thank you for your reply. 

I am creating an email automation system that will send out emails based on pre-scheduled dates. So I am using the Delay Until condition to delay sending the email until the relevant date is reached. 

AKRogers
Level 8

@Mardwan, If you're using the delay until action specifically to wait until a particular date/time to send an email, that is what is holding up the rest of your Flow.  Subsequent actions will not execute while the Delay Until is waiting for that date/time to occur.

Mardwan

Hi @AKRogers , 

Shouldn't it work for today's date? If not, how should I go about this? I am out of ideas. 

AKRogers
Level 8

When you have a loop running like that it's difficult to tell where the failed items are and what's been happening while you're waiting for everything to complete.  You mentioned that this worked out for you before you added in the conditions; can you do a test run where you only have one item-- therefore, only one iteration-- and make it so that the "delay until" calculation equals today?  

If your actions don't fire off as expected, put your delay until time  in UTC.  So, if you want it to fire off 5 minutes from now, put your time into UTC time for the test run.  

Let us know!

Ashley

Mardwan

Using @AKRogers suggestion, I broke down the flow and discovered that the condition I was using to calculate the number of days between two days is what was bringing the error. Excel Online returns a date as a number in String form. I solved it by using int() as in this post.

https://parserr.com/support/knowledge-base/how-to-convert-a-string-to-a-number-in-microsoft-flow/

Thank you so much @AKRogers and @v-litu-msft  for your help.

View solution in original post

AKRogers
Level 8

Great job, glad to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,867)