cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KJC
Frequent Visitor

Flow - SharePoint Site Templates

Hi,

I need to create a company wide Flow. A document gets upload to a document library, email alert is sent to recipient for comment and approval. Recipient will have view access to their own historically approved items. MS Teams/SharePoint Team sites are for small collaboration projects and communication sites are for site wide communication. Can anyone advise what site template they use for company wide Flows? I want to ensure I use the correct template for the job.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Kieran

1 REPLY 1
bhitchlockfcs
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @KJC,

The site template should make no difference to your Flow. Both Team and Communication sites can be used company wide. 

Use the template which best suits your intended use for the SharePoint site. You can read a bit about the differences here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/community/team-site-or-communication-site

My personal preference is a Team site with all employees being members of the associated group.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (105,638)