cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Flow To track response time or remind after 1 day

Curious if someone has an idea on how to use microsoft flow to help with a specific use case.

Myself and a group of my supervisors for a call center are in a distribution group, we will call the distribution group Supervisors@x.com.  My goal for them is to make sure there is a response to each email within 1 business day.  Since I am on the group I have outlook set to conversation mode and I just keep an eye out for any incoming mail to the group that does not get a response in that timeframe.  I would like to be able to improve this process through automation, I would think microsoft flow can get me there but I am having trouble finding the right template.

Idea 1 (assume simpler) - For the first email of each unique subject sent to supervisors@x.com send a reminder if there is not a response sent within 24 hours.  I am fine with getting the reminders over the weekend even though it is not a business day.  This way each time I receive a reminder it is a possibility there was not a response provided within 24 hours.

Idea 2 (assume more complex) - Utilize microsoft flow to create a record in a spreadsheet each time an email is received that was sent to supervisors@x.com.  Theoretically I should be able to calculate the response time between the first and second email of each unique subject to determine how many slipped passed 1 business day.

Idea 3 (incomplete idea) - Each time my inbox receives an email sent to supervisors@x.com I can create a rule to perform a function, hoping that the function created can then help to trigger when a response was provided.  Perhaps to trigger a survey that a supervisor clicks 'yes' when they respond to the original email.

Obviously open for other suggestions as well.  I am a little stuck on this one I assume there has to be a somewhat simple way of doing this but I was not able to find a great example through my searches.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,  @Anonymous!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @ScottShearer‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous- I believe the problem is that there is now way to track if an email has been responded to via Flow.

As an alternative, how about this:

1. Create a SharePoint list to track incoming emails - when a new email comes in an item gets added to the list
    1. The list item can include the subject and body of the email as well as attachments.
  2. The list has a multiline text column where you can enter your response email body
    1. Have a check box in the list - when the check box is checked, have Flow send the email response
  3. Have a parallel action in your Flow that waits fo a day and, if no response has been sent, send a reminder email to the team responsible for responding

Let me know if this needs additional explanation.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds like a great idea.  I am still much of a novice so I am going to play around with your suggestion and see if I get stuck.  I truly appreciate the suggestion!

Hello,  @Anonymous!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @ScottShearer‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

dnt12
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Anonymous hi! did you get any solution finally?

I am working on somenthig similar and need ideas too 🙂 

obmb
Frequent Visitor

hi All,

any new updates on how to track if an email has been responded to via Flow.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,377)