cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudditz
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Flow & Adaptive cards, change "Flow, Sent a card" message

Hello,  We are testing out using flow with adaptive cards and requesting an approval from a selected file within Sharepoint and requesting the approval to occur within teams.  When the user recieves the message from the teams bot it always comes from the bot Flow, and a message that says Sent a card.  Is it possible to change these words such as Flow becomes your Org Name and sent a card might say something like "Pending Approval"   etc.today.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To the best of my knowledge it is not currently possible to change these messages or the messages included on the Adaptive card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a much needed functionality!

This would definitely be good - make the desktop notification relevant to the user... Encourage their response. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be well received even if you couldn't alter or format it much. Just doing some PTO submission demos and it would be great to say even "PTO request submitted". Ability to be dynamic would be even better. 

Can you change the label [card]?

Do not want to create channels for every bot chat, be nice to set labels and not just message headers.

MattHanrahan
Frequent Visitor

This topic is old so maybe this is in newer PA update, but I can now modify the message in the activity feed and one of the toast messages, although I am still getting a second "Flow sent a card message".

Steps:

• Setup your "Post message as the Flow bot..."
  • Chose Show advanced options
  • "Summary" field is what will display on toast and activity feed, set that
  • set "IsAlert" to "Yes". I tried with no setting here and it did not work.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

that solution still doesnt work when sending a card for "Ask the user".

adastra
Regular Visitor

@sigmandelI don't know if you are still trying this out but leaving this here for others.

I believe you are as unlucky as me, we do not have the preview feature enabled for power automate regarding Teams and sending messages as the flow bot. I only currently have the option to ask the user for input. When the action "Post a message as the Flow bot to a user" goes generally available we can use the above functionally to send adaptive cards with more options as suggested by Matt. 

same here. The 2 options (Summary, IsAlert) are not available for me when setting up the post adaptive card step: 

ThomasVDV_0-1639583995641.png

So, no way to set the summary, leaving us with useless notification 😫

The following is available. I don't know if it will help you or not, but you might be able to get "Teams" - "Post a choice of options as the Flow bot to a user" to work for what you need. It's not Preview.

MarkBandR_0-1639594884875.png

Thanks Mark! Was planning to look into that one today. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,598)