cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gene_Carla
Frequent Visitor

Flow and Outlook 365 Connection issues

Hello All,

I was trying to create a flow for SharePoint list approval and when I try to connect flow to my Outlook account says " Invalid Connection" it does not give me details on why the connection is failing. Anyone can help with this issue?

Best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gene_Carla ,

There are no more details here to explain the invalid connection. Did you encounter this problem when creating a Flow using a template, or did you encounter this problem when configuring a Flow?

The general errors are divided into the following types:

• The credentials have expired. The credentials used to create this connection have expired. You need to update the connection.
  • The password of the account has been changed.
  • The subscription of the current account does not meet the requirements of the current connector. For example, if you use Microsoft account without subscribing to Office 365, but you use it to create an office 365 connection, this problem may occur.

You just need to update the connection or create a new connection to solve this problem.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gene_Carla ,

There are no more details here to explain the invalid connection. Did you encounter this problem when creating a Flow using a template, or did you encounter this problem when configuring a Flow?

The general errors are divided into the following types:

• The credentials have expired. The credentials used to create this connection have expired. You need to update the connection.
  • The password of the account has been changed.
  • The subscription of the current account does not meet the requirements of the current connector. For example, if you use Microsoft account without subscribing to Office 365, but you use it to create an office 365 connection, this problem may occur.

You just need to update the connection or create a new connection to solve this problem.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue whereby I am getting an "Invalid Connection" error to Outlook 365. I am a subscribing to Outlook 365 and have entered my password correctly as I am able to login to my O365 account. 

Are there any other places I can see (log files?) what the error might be?

Thanks, Warren

Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm doing the exact same thing.  I built a sharepoint list where employees can submit invoices to finance for approval and wanted to built an approval flow but get the exact same error.  I tried using SharePoints built in approval workflow but it only lets you select 1 approver, where I need the person submitting the invoice to choose their manager as the approver. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,985)