cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidstone
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Flow apply to each performance extremely slow

I have a flow which loops through a filtered query of items from a SharePoint List.

Most queries pull back a handful of items and all is good.

I have one flow which pulls back 120 items and it takes several minutes to run through a simple concat-and-append operation. The below screenshot shows it's quite simple, but am I doing something wrong?

flowbug.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It must have been a temporary glitch because I've just run it now and it took around 30 seconds, whereas last night it was taking several minutes.

Can I just clarify though: this can't be dependent on my internet speed? My flow is triggered from a PowerApp and runs in the cloud without me even needing to visit to Flow domain?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @davidstone,

How long does it take to finish a run?

How about your Networking? Please make sure your Internet situation is good.

Besides, I have made the following test.

In the Compose action, use the following code:

concat(items('Apply_to_each')?['Title'],'-','Test')

And in my testing, the list contains about 100 items. It takes about 29s to finish the run.

1.PNG2.PNG

Please check your Internet working and try again with it.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It must have been a temporary glitch because I've just run it now and it took around 30 seconds, whereas last night it was taking several minutes.

Can I just clarify though: this can't be dependent on my internet speed? My flow is triggered from a PowerApp and runs in the cloud without me even needing to visit to Flow domain?

View solution in original post

bouillons
Resolver I
Resolver I

What can be done to avoid the delays caused by Apply To Each ? Doesn't anybody else feel that 30 seconds or more for a list of 100 items is outrageous ? Is there something going on between each cycle that causes this ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,749)